Fire & Safety
All rooms are equipped with a smoke detector. SENTIDO Numa Bay has fire extinguishers and clearly marked evacuation routes. If you need special assistance in the event of an emergency due to physical disability or any other kind of problem, please speak with the reception when checking in.
Please read carefully the following important safety points:
- Do not smoke in your room and all indoor areas.
- Familiarize yourself with your room’s location in the building as soon as you arrive.
- Study the evacuation plan and familiarize yourself with the nearest evacuation point.
- Count the number of doors between your room and the nearest evacuation route. This will help to find your way in case of limited visibility.
- Check the locations of fire alarms and fire extinguishers.
If you discover or smell a fire:
Alert the reception immediately. If the corridor is full of smoke, stay in your room. Take your room key/key card if you leave the room. You may be blocked by smoke or fire and need to turn back. In the event of a minor fire in a limited space, use a fire extinguisher. If you are unable to put out the fire, close the door to the burning room.
If the fire alarm rings:
Please follow the instructions as part of the evacuation information.
If you are unable to leave your room:
Call the reception and tell them you are still in your room. Seal the ventilation openings and the gaps around the door with wet towels to prevent smoke from entering your room. Go to the window and attract the attention of passers-by. Open the window if the smoke inside the room becomes too thick. Do not jump from the balcony. Wait for instructions from the Emergency Services. In a smoke-filled room you can see best and breathe most easily close to the floor.